Lunar New Year 2016 - Year of the Monkey postcard
The Christmas Island Lunar New Year 2016 - Year of the Monkey prepaid postcard is a great way to keep in contact with family and friendsRead more
International delivery available
The Christmas Island Lunar New Year 2016 - Year of the Monkey prepaid postcard is a great way to keep in contact with family and friends.
This prepaid postcard is a great way to keep in contact with family and friends.
Prepaid postcards can be posted from any red post box located in Australia or at your local Australia Post retail outlet and can be sent worldwide or to domestic locations.
No stamp is required as the prepaid postcard includes postage, making it easier for you to stay in touch.
Lunar New Year is one of the most important of the traditional Chinese festivals and is celebrated by Chinese people throughout the world. Seen as a time of renewal, it is also known as Spring Festival.
Celebrations vary regionally in China and centre on family. The celebrations include the burning of incense for ancestors, and friends visit each other with presents and exchange cards. Traditional lion and dragon dances are performed and fireworks are set off. Many families stay up to watch a special New Year broadcast on television.
The Monkey is the ninth sign in the Chinese Zodiac 12-year cycle. Those born under the sign are considered witty, mischievous and inquisitive. The Monkey’s love of learning and ability to solve problems make it well suited to careers in finance, science and engineering. Famous people born in the Year of the Monkey include Hugh Jackman and Kylie Minogue.
- Issue date: 3 February 2016
- Issue withdrawal date: 31 December 2016
- FDI withdrawal date: 2 March 2016
- Denominations: 1x $1, 1 x $3
- Stamp design: Dani Poon
- Product design: Sharon Rodziewicz
- Printer: RA Printing
- Paper gummed: Tullis Russell Red Phosphor
- Paper self-adhesive: C100
- Printing process: Offset lithography
- Stamp size: 26mm x 37.5mm
- Minisheet size: 136mm x 70mm
- Zodiac sheetlet size: 170mm x 210mm
- Lotus sheetlet size: 170mm circular
- Perforations: 14.6 x 13.86
- Sheet layout: Module of 50
- FDI postmark: Christmas Island, WA 6798